Keeping Employees Happy and Healthy
Jan 16, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
Mental health is a big part of wellness in the workplace. For employees to be well they have to flourish physically, socially, emotionally and mentally.
The workplace is a critical environment for addressing mental health as it is costing employers billions. The data supports that mental health claims are getting worse and becoming somewhat of an epidemic.
Here are the facts:
- Between 30-50 percent of adults in the U.S. experience mental illness at some point in their lives.
- 2 million adults have a substance use disorder.
- Most common mental health problems include anxiety, depression and substance use disorder.
- 70 percent of adults with mental illness do not receive mental health services they need.
At this event, employers will hear from:
- Dennis C. Miller, managing director, The Nonprofit Search Group and author of From Mopping Floors to CEO. He’ll share a personal story as someone who struggled with mental health issues and overcame it to become a CEO.
- Michael Thompson, president & CEO, National Alliance of Health Care Purchaser Coalitions. He will present the national initiative aimed at helping employers with mental health in the workplace.
- Jenny Carrillo, vice president, strategic account management , American Well
She will present a resource that can help employers reach employees with behavioral health issues remotely.
|8 – 8:30 a.m.||Registration, Breakfast & Exhibits|
|8:30 – 8:35 a.m.||Welcome & Opening Comments|
|8:35 – 9:35 a.m.||Workplace Mental Health Works
Dennis C. Miller
|9:35 – 10:10 a.m.||Workplace Mental Health National Initiative
Michael Thompson, President & CEO, National Alliance
|10:10 – 10:30 a.m.||Networking Break/Exhibits|
|10:30 – 11:00 a.m.||Speaker: Jenny Carrillo, American Well|
|11:00 – 11:25 a.m.||Panel of Mental Health Experts|
|11:25 – 11:30 a.m.||Closing Comments & Adjourn|
Register to attend one of three ways: