Past Event: July 2018 Alliance Learning Circle
The opioid epidemic and treatment is costing employers big. Consider these facts:
- 99 percent of patients receive opioids after surgery
- First lifetime exposure to opioids may be after surgery
- 259 million prescriptions for opioids were written in 2012 – enough for one bottle for every American adult.
The Alliance tackled this topic head on with insights from multi-stakeholders offering their perspectives and ideas on how employers can help combat this issue.
- Robert Poznanovich, vice president, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation presentation
- Cheryl Larson, CEO, MBGH
The Opioid Epidemic and How it is Impacting the Workplace
- Stephanie Vojas, principal, Michael Best Strategies
Illinois and the Opioid Epidemic
- Jocelyn Kerl, PharmD, National CooperativeRx
The Opioid Epidemic: A Pharmacist’s Perspective
- Jeff King, Wisconsin Chiropractic Association
Chiropractic: Opioid Reduction & Avoidance
- Dr. Julie Lombardo & Dr. Kevin Wait, Capitol Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy: A Hidden Answer to Ease the Opioid Epidemic
- Mary Rode, The Write Source and Laura Monagle, Affirm
Building Opioid Awareness & Prevention: Campaigns for Employers
- Agenda and Speaker Biographies
- IBM WatsonHealth Whitepaper: Opioid Misuse: What Employers Need to Know
- American Benefits Council, On the Front Lines: How Employers Are Working to Combat the Opioid Epidemic
- Opioid Abuse Awareness & Prevention: Employer Communication Checklist
- List of providers in The Alliance network trained to use Exparel
It’s time to stop focusing on blame and start looking at solutions to make a difference in the lives of ...
Eliminating gateways to opioid use or abuse requires finding other ways to manage pain, according to an expert panel at ...
“How do you talk to someone who is an addict? Use honesty. Don’t overcomplicate this.” Those were the words of ...
Employers attending The Alliance’s Opioid Epidemic Summit at Monona Terrace had a lot of data, opinions and options to consider ...
Judge Jodi Switalski The written policy is key to acting on substance abuse in the workplace. It impacts every effort ...