Help Build The Alliance’s Brand!
The Alliance moves health care forward by controlling costs, improving quality, and engaging individuals in their health. As a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, we exist to help our members manage their health care dollars while positively impacting their employees’ health.
The Public Relations and Events Specialist develops and oversees in-person and virtual events in order to enhance The Alliance’s brand and market position as a trusted advisor in employee benefits. This position is actively involved in the full scope of public relations activities and functions as a liaison to external PR vendors. This position is an essential contributor to the Marketing Communications team in support of The Alliance’s strategic marketing plan. The specialist interacts with and influences a wide variety of stakeholders including: speakers, vendors, Alliance senior leadership, Business Development, Account Management, and Health Policy.
The role will make significant contributions in:
- Researches speakers and topics to develop appealing content for Alliance events. Stays abreast of health care benefits trends to ensure The Alliance uses events as a visible way to fulfill its brand promise of moving health care forward.
- Maintains knowledge of current and likely trends in event planning to ensure The Alliance continues to deliver meaningful, well-attended, and cost-effective events.
- Develops and manages short and long-term events plans (in conjunction with Business Development, Account Management and Provider Relations).
- Coordinates events including, but not limited to speakers, event promotion, locations, venues, content delivery and post-event evaluation
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the day of the event, including using superior customer service skills to achieve high levels of attendee, speaker, and sponsor satisfaction.
- Develops and updates sponsorship packages to generate sponsorship revenue.
- Actively prospects and sells event sponsorships.
- Develops communications to promote and support Alliance events including press releases, blogs, invitations, e-mail broadcasts and Power Point™ presentations.
- Serves as back-up host for virtual events, including webinars. Coaches moderators and speakers as needed.
- Recommends and implements infrastructure or technology needed to be effective at exhibits and other external events.
- Works with targeted organizations to increase visibility of The Alliance as a trusted thought leader through public appearances, speaking opportunities and sponsorships related to meetings, events, exhibits and conventions. Conducts annual planning to support this function in conjunction with the strategic marketing plan.
- Working with the Director of Marketing & Products and external PR vendors, supports the development of annual advertising plan; manage ad “versions” to make sure they meet publication standards and deadlines.
- Coordinates the Health Transformation Awards, including the call for nominations process, preparing nominations for the board, communicating with nominees and recipients, planning the award ceremony, and sharing information about award recipients post-event.
- Takes an active role on the Marketing Communications team to help generate ideas, organize promotions and execute communication plans.
- Serves as editor and proofreader as part of the team.
- Keeps current with and utilize emerging marketing and communications trends to improve daily work.
- Supports other activities of the Marketing Communication team and leads projects as assigned
- The Success Factors – The ideal candidate will possess the following requirements
- Excellent communication skills including oral, interpersonal, and written communication
- Able to problem solve, take initiative, manage multiple projects and work creatively in a fast-paced environment
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Three years’ marketing experience, ideally in promotions and/or electronic marketing
- Experience in health benefits or health care is desired.
Interested candidates can apply through our hiring partner’s website here.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.