It’s no accident that the most successful brokers and consultants are always learning.
It’s my privilege to work with brokers and consultants from Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. Along the way, I’ve noticed that brokers constantly seek information and ideas to help them advise self-funded employers.
If you’re a broker, you can boost your knowledge with The Alliance’s expanded courses on self-funding and health benefits. You have three options to explore.
1. Introduction to Self-Funding Courses
Want an introduction to self-funding or a refresher on the fundamentals? These courses will be offered on Sept. 6. They will also be available later this fall as webinars you can take from your desktop.
- Self-Funding 101: Understanding Critical Concepts
- Self-Funding 102: Managing the Transition to Self-Funding
Click here for details or to register.
Pass this offer along to other brokers who want to build a stronger background in self-funding.
As a bonus, both courses count toward the education requirement to become certified to offer Single Source Self-Funding™ to employers.
2. Advanced Self-Funding Options
We’ll continue to help you gain CE in 2018, when we’ll offer advanced courses on self-funding. Course topics being considered include:
- Network evaluation
- Pharmacy costs and strategies
- Value-based benefit design (VBBD) and centers of excellence
- Employer best practices
Your insights about these topics will guide our courses. Take this two-minute survey on self-funding courses topics to share your opinion. And watch your inbox for event details and a link to register.
3. Alliance Learning Circles
Alliance Learning Circle events feature national and regional experts on current topics.
You are welcome to attend and bring your clients, including both current Alliance members and prospects. CE credits are available for most Learning Circles; check our website for details.
These free events feature national and regional experts in health and health benefits. Here’s a sample of upcoming events:
- Breaking Myths in Health Care on Sept. 28 from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The keynote speaker is Dr. Aaron Carroll, who is an author; blogger on The Incidental Economist, professor of pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine; and host of the popular YouTube channel program Healthcare Triage.
- The Different Dimensions of Well-Being on Jan. 16, 2018, from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Alliant Energy Center. Look for speaker announcements in Moving Forward, our weekly email digest. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe.
Find the full schedule of current events on our website.
There’s More to Explore
We’re also developing webinars on special topics of interest to brokers and employers alike.
These events are designed to tackle a specific benefits topic in roughly an hour so you can expand your knowledge without derailing your schedule. CE credit will be sought for most events.
Our goal is to offer information and ideas that help you – and your clients – achieve more self-funding success.
Mike has a strong background in health benefits and self-funding. He previously served as a regional sales advisor for Digital Benefits Advisors in Madison, Wis., where he managed the health benefits for more than 160 credit union clients across 14 states. Prior to that position, Mike worked at CUNA Mutual Group in their employee benefits division for almost 10 years as an employee benefits sales specialist.
Mike has a bachelor’s degree with a double major in marketing and business administration and is licensed in both health and life insurance in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Montana.
Read blog posts by Mike.
Latest posts by Mike Roche
- Diving into the Details: Captive Comparison, Analysis & Value - June 5, 2018
- What’s Your Risk Appetite? - May 22, 2018
- Video Aims to Answer Key Captive Questions - April 10, 2018