We have a vacancy to fill on The Alliance Board and are seeking nominees! If you have the passion to make a difference in health care, I hope you will consider this opportunity.
You don’t need to be a health care expert to serve. We’re looking for people who:
- Understand your health benefit program and its impact on your company and your employees.
- Think strategically
- Are willing to challenge assumptions and the status quo
- Want to contribute to a collaborative, collegial environment
To balance the current composition of the Board, we are particularly interested in finding candidates who have some or all of the additional characteristics:
- Has a marketing background
- From the retail sector
- From the Greater La Crosse or Eau Claire regions
What Board Service Requires
The Alliance Board works together to set the strategic direction for the cooperative and to represent the interests of our members. Board members also serve as ambassadors for the cooperative to new and prospective members and the public at-large.
Board members are elected for a three-year term and the Board meets six times per year. We are good stewards of time and cancel meetings that aren’t needed or substitute conference calls for in-person meetings when appropriate. Travel reimbursement is provided.
To learn more or to nominate yourself or another Alliance member, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 608.210.6621 no later than Monday, July 30. I would love to talk with you about serving on the Board!
Cheryl participates in a number of national and regional initiatives that align with The Alliance’s mission of controlling costs, improving quality and engaging individuals in their health. She serves on the Advisory Board of the Wisconsin Population Health Institute and the board of the Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality.
Prior to joining The Alliance, Cheryl was a program manager at Meriter Hospital in Madison. She earned a master’s degree in social work from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Latest posts by Cheryl DeMars
- Speak Up Now to Support Permanent Repeal of the Cadillac Tax - February 28, 2019
- Make Your Voice Heard:Help Us Tell Congress How to Lower Health Care Costs - January 22, 2019
- On My Mind: In Search of Better Primary Care - August 28, 2018