Using Find a Doctor is always a win-win situation.
You win when your employees use Find a Doctor to find in-network health care services while viewing information about the cost and quality of health care.
Your employees win when they avoid out-of-network charges; learn to recognize that cost varies, sometimes by a big amount; and view patient safety and quality ratings for selected services.
And from now through Jan. 10, 2016, there’s an added bonus: employees and covered family members who create a log in are entered to win a $250 gift card or one of five $50 gift cards. If you’ve already registered, you can still enter just by logging in.
A New Way to Win
The Alliance introduced its first Find a Doctor contest to provide an incentive for more people to log into Find a Doctor. Logging in is required to view cost information.
The Alliance believes access to cost and quality information is critical to educating employees and family members about health care. Employees should know that:
- Cost varies. Sometimes, a short drive can save thousands for consumers and their health plans.
- Quality varies. A hospital can have an “outstanding” reputation locally yet get a “C” or even a “D” on the hospital safety score.
- High cost doesn’t necessarily mean high quality; the highest-quality provider may have the lowest cost for some procedures.
You Can Help Share the News
There are two ways that you can help promote the Find a Doctor contest to employees and family members:
- You can share information about Find a Doctor with employees. We offer free posters, flyers, email messages and more. Some promote the current contest; others help you promote Find a Doctor year-round.
- Your organization can offer its own Find a Doctor contest. Some employers offered additional prizes for their employees linked to The Alliance promotion. Employers can also offer their own promotion at any time of year. Contact Alliance Member Services at 800.223.4139 for information about promotional materials, identifying winners and more.
Early Results are Promising
The success or failure of this contest and Find a Doctor is up to our employers, since employees will only learn about this transparency website if employers post a link on the health benefits page, run articles in newsletters or use other promotional materials.
Early results for the Find a Doctor contest are promising. In less than a month, the contest added more than 500 users to Find a Doctor.
We hope those numbers will continue to climb as more employers share the news about the opportunity to win with employees and family members. Please help us by visiting the Find a Doctor site and logging in for your own chance to win!
More about Find a Doctor
Mike has a strong background in health benefits and self-funding. He previously served as a regional sales advisor for Digital Benefits Advisors in Madison, Wis., where he managed the health benefits for more than 160 credit union clients across 14 states. Prior to that position, Mike worked at CUNA Mutual Group in their employee benefits division for almost 10 years as an employee benefits sales specialist.
Mike has a bachelor’s degree with a double major in marketing and business administration and is licensed in both health and life insurance in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Montana.
Read blog posts by Mike.
Latest posts by Mike Roche
- Diving into the Details: Captive Comparison, Analysis & Value - June 5, 2018
- What’s Your Risk Appetite? - May 22, 2018
- Video Aims to Answer Key Captive Questions - April 10, 2018