QualityPath® DESIGNATES QUALITY DOCTORS TO CHANGE HEALTH CARE ‘WHERE WE LIVE AND WORK’
Collaborators Played Vital Role in Developing QualityPath
Key contributors to the development of QualityPath include:
- A “Blue Ribbon Orthopedic Panel” that included:
- Dr. Rich Illgen – UW Health
- Dr. David Kuester – Orthopedic Associates of Manitowoc Bay Care Clinic;
- Dr. Michael Lamson – Orthopedic Associates of Sauk Prairie
- Mark Thiel, vice president of diagnostics at ThedaCare
- Dr. Geoff Van Thiel – Rockford Orthopedic Associates
- Dr. Rory Wright – Orthopaedic Associates of Milwaukee – Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin
- Representatives of the Wisconsin Orthopaedic Society, which is an extension of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, including:
- Dr. Gerald Lang – orthopedic surgeon, UW School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Madison, Wis.
- Dr. Gail Amundson, health care transformation consultant to The Alliance
- Dr. Tim Bartholow, chief medical officer, WEA Trust
- Dr. Jerry Reeves, vice president of medical affairs, HealthInsight Nevada
- Dr. John Santa, medical director of Consumer Health Choices at Consumer Reports
- Karen Sepucha, Ph.D., director of the Health Decision Sciences Center in the General Medicine Division at Massachusetts General Hospital
- MetaStar, Madison, Wis.
- The Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality
- The Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds and the Wisconsin Medicaid Program, which is part of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- The Wisconsin Medical Society
Collaboration was essential for The Alliance to develop a program with a reliable approach to improving care.
“Engaging patients in shared decision-making, implementing standardized care protocols based on evidence-based practice guidelines, and measuring the impact of these changes on patient outcomes using clinical registries are essential elements to improving value in healthcare,” said Dr. Kevin J. Bozic, William R. Murray Endowed Professor and Vice Chair, University of California, San Francisco Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.