National CooperativeRx (founded as WisconsinRx), is a not-for-profit prescription drug purchasing cooperative established in 2003 by The Alliance and two other organizations.
The Alliance’s preferred relationship with National CooperativeRx gives members greater value for their dollar through deep discounts, leading-edge clinical programs, a national network, enhanced data reporting and more.
The National CooperativeRx Preferred Relationship Guarantees Alliance Members a 50 percent reduction in enrollment fees.
Additional Benefits Include:
- Upfront Cost Savings: In addition to deep discounts and rebates achieved through volume purchasing, and as a not-for-profit cooperative, National CooperativeRx distributes 100% of their annual earnings back to members in the form of patronage dividends.
- Clinical Programs Encourage Behavior Change and Long-Term Cost Savings: National CooperativeRx offers clinical and educational programs to help employers promote wellness and encourage employees to make cost-effective decisions. Their in-house clinical pharmacist continuously analyzes the market to recommend cost-saving changes to pharmacy benefit plan designs.
- Best-in-Class Guarantee: National CooperativeRx undergoes a competitive bidding process to evaluate the Pharmaceutical Benefit Management (PBM) marketplace so members can be confident they are achieving the greatest value possible from the chosen PBM. After extensive review in 2015, National CooperativeRx chose to extend the current contract with CVS/Caremark.
- Expansive Network: Members using National CooperativeRx have access to a network of approximately 60,000 pharmacies across the nation.
- A Commitment to Transparency: Books are open to member organizations. The contract with CVS/caremark provides audit rights, and a level of transparency, that benefits the financial interests of National CooperativeRx members.
- Excellent Service: National CooperativeRx, together with CVS/caremark, is committed to providing customer service that exceeds standards in the marketplace.
- Board Representation: As a founding member of National CooperativeRx, The Alliance holds a seat on the National CooperativeRx Board of Directors. Because National CooperativeRx is owned and governed by its members, their objectives will always match the objectives of their members.
For more information about our partnership, contact:
Member Services Manager
National Sales Leader