Do you want to help employers and their employees get high quality, affordable health care? Are you a sales professional who uses your expertise in relationship building to develop new business? This Business Development position with The Alliance may be the right opportunity for you.
The Business Development Manager/Director will be responsible for bringing new employer members into The Alliance by managing our distribution channels and through direct sales efforts.
- Prospect, develop, and close new membership opportunities as defined in the strategic business development plan.
- Work with other teams within The Alliance to coordinate regional sales efforts and ensure a high-caliber member/customer experience.
- Track and report business development outcomes, making adjustments and improvements based on results.
- Ensure timely and effective transition of new members to member services (account management)
- Provide strategic market intelligence to The Alliance from prospective members, their health benefit business partners and other industry sources.
- Help raise awareness of The Alliance brand with key audiences.
In addition to a bachelor degree, five years’ experience in a sales position (preferably in an insurance or health care setting), the ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong communication skills including listening, verbal and nonverbal communication, including presentation skills and excellent writing skills
- Have experience in self-funded employee health benefits
- Excel at building and maintaining relationships
- Have advanced negotiation skills
- Be goal oriented and self-motivated
- Understand financial concepts and the strategic importance of cost savings for potential members
- Be able to obtain a health insurance license
You’ll be backed by a strong marketing, customer service, provider relations and administrative teams. You’ll be part of an organization that is mission-driven, member-centered and respectful and supportive of our team members.
Celebrating 25+ years as a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, The Alliance exists to help our members manage their health care costs, improve quality and engage individuals in their health. We serve more than 240 employers in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa and contract with more than 18,000 health care providers and specialists across that region. We provide information and resources to help members make health care purchases based on value and create healthier workforces. Learn more about The Alliance.
The Alliance is in a modern facility in a new section of the Fitchburg Technology Campus located on the south side of Madison. The organization is friendly and informal yet professional. A competitive compensation and benefits package is provided, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and wellness benefits.
More Information / How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply here.