Guide to Understanding Facility Fees
The place where you see your doctor can have an impact on what you pay for your visit. If the facility is owned by a hospital, you may be charged a facility fee. Download the whitepaper, Understanding Facility Fees.
What are Facility Fees?
- Facility fees are often charged at clinics that are owned by hospitals to cover the costs of maintaining that facility.
- Facility fees can range from $15 to hundreds of dollars, depending on the service you receive.
Does My Insurance Cover Facility Fees?
- Many insurance plans do not cover facility fees or cover only a portion. Ask your benefits administrator whether you have to pay facility fees out of pocket.
What Can I Do to Avoid Facility Fees?
- Sometimes it’s hard to tell whether a facility is owned by a hospital. When you call to make an appointment, ask if you will be charged a facility fee.
- Ask the doctor if they practice at a different location that does not charge facility fees.