FAQs for Brokers About Single Source Self-Funding
How does Single Source Self-Funding™ by The Alliance assist me to make my client’s transition to self-funding simpler?
Single Source Self-Funding saves you time and supports you with education and materials needed for self-funding success. It’s an all-in-one packaged benefits solution.
Single Source Self-Funding includes:
- A single place for you to access the core elements needed to self-fund employee benefits:
- Provider network (from The Alliance)
- TPA services and stop-loss (from Auxiant)
- Pharmacy benefits management services (from Serve You Rx)
- A coordinated process by the partners behind the scenes to reduce your administrative efforts in quoting, placing, servicing and renewing the business.
- Uniquely integrated cost-management strategies from each partner to improve the likelihood of long-term client success with self-funding.
- Marketing materials for you to use with your clients and prospects. Use them to explain the benefits of self-funding and your value as a Single Source Self-Funding certified broker.
- Self-funding education that gives you the confidence to be able to recommend self-funding to your clients.
Who can benefit from using Single Source Self-Funding?
Single Source Self-Funding by The Alliance is a self-funded solution optimized for employers who currently have:
- 75 or more employees enrolled on their health plan.
- A majority of their employees living or working within The Alliance service area.
- Fully-insured health benefits, but want more benefit control and greater cost savings.
Note: If your client has less than 75 employees, we’re still here to help. Contact us and we’ll help you find additional self-funding options outside of Single Source Self-Funding.
How do I know when it’s the right time to switch clients from fully-funded to self-funded employee health benefits?
When your client is seeking more control to change long-term benefit plan costs and outcomes, it’s time to consider the benefits of self-funding. Remember, self-funding employee health benefits is a long-term strategy, not a one-year effort to save money.
Why should I give Single Source Self-Funding a try?
- If you currently have a routine self-funding option, get a Single Source Self-Funding quote to see which is better for your client.
- Single Source Self-Funding gives you leverage against fully-insured carriers and protects you against other brokers trying to win your clients.
- Save time. The Alliance has done the homework for you by evaluating partners and best practice cost-control mechanisms.
- Single Source Self-Funding is an all-in-one, packaged self-funding solution.
- Take advantage of the partnerships offered by Single Source Self-Funding and use them to create a maximum benefit strategy for your client.
Who are the vendor-partners? And what does each partner contribute?
The Alliance has partnered with Auxiant and Serve You Rx to provide an all-in-one, packaged, self-funded benefits solution for your clients. Here’s what each partner does and how they will save money for your clients.
The Alliance offers:
- A broad provider network located in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa with competitive contracts
- QualityPath®, a steerage program that guides people to high-quality, lower-cost options for selected surgeries and tests.
- Networking opportunities with our membership of savvy self-funded employers.
- Patronage – A benefit of being a member-employer of The Alliance Cooperative. Members are eligible to earn money back based on volume of claims processed.
- Third-Party Administrator (TPA) services.
- Focus Health™ – A steerage program to help employers lower their medical spend while helping employees obtain quality care and better outcomes.
- Case management and disease management best practices.
- Connections with stop-loss carriers tailored for the Single Source Self-Funding target market.
Serve You Rx offers:
- Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) services.
- Value-Based Benefit Design (VBBD) through Auxiant’s disease management care.
- Specialty drug management approach to improve safety for patients.
- Guaranteed prescription rebates and discounts and proprietary cost control programs including the Select Formulary and Exclusive Mail for 90-day supplies.
How did The Alliance choose Auxiant and ServeYouRx as their partners in Single Source Self-Funding?
The Alliance selected Auxiant and Serve You Rx through a request for proposal (RFP) process that considered their:
- Ability to control total health care costs for the employer.
- Experience in working with other vendors to create new value for brokers and employers.
- Efficient claims administration.
- Initiatives to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Openness to innovative strategies for better employee health benefits.
Can I choose a different TPA or PBM partner?
Yes, you can work with The Alliance, but use a different TPA or PBM. However, you will not be accessing the Single Source Self-Funding package of benefits.
Contact us to learn more about additional self-funded benefit options.
How do I become certified to access Single Source Self-Funding?
It’s simple. There are two parts to certification: continuing education and agreements. Click here for more information.