Thank you for participating in the Log In & WIN (Find a Doctor) Contest that ended Jan. 10, 2016. Now you’ve got another opportunity to increase awareness of our Find a Doctor transparency tool by holding your own Find a Doctor contest – and letting us do the work for you.
Log In & WIN (Find a Doctor) Contest Results
More than 1,000 registered Find a Doctor users were added by the end of the Log In & WIN (Find a Doctor) contest. And as of Feb. 11, 2016 we have over 3,300 registered Find a Doctor users.
At the conclusion of the contest, prize winners were randomly selected from registered accounts. Congratulations to our winners:
|Prize||Winner’s Name||Alliance Member|
|$250 Visa® gift card||Steve Recheck||John Deere & Co., Inc.|
|$50 Visa® gift card||Rob Pagnucci||CUNA Mutual Group|
|$50 Visa® gift card||Jim Kohnert||Zimbrick, Inc.|
|$50 Visa® gift card||Elise Jorgenson||Mead & Hunt|
|$50 Visa® gift card||Janna Frank||West Bend Mutual Insurance Co.|
|$50 Visa® gift card||Emily Nutini||Fiskars Brands, Inc.|
Why is it important to spread the word about Find a Doctor to your workforce?
Our member-employers were integral to the first contest’s success. That seems fitting, since as an employer, you win when your employees use Find a Doctor to find in-network health care services while viewing information about the cost and quality of health care. It’s a great way to empower your employees to make better health care choices.
Your employees win when they avoid out-of-network charges; learn that the cost of office visits, tests and procedures can sometimes vary by a big amount; and view quality and patient safety ratings for selected health care services.
And sometimes, they win a prize, too.
How We Make It Easy to Hold Your Own Find a Doctor Contest
To help everybody win, you can hold a Find a Doctor contest – for just your workforce. We’ve got all the materials ready for you – contact me, Mike Roche, member services manager, at email@example.com or 800.223.4139 x6645 and we’ll get you started.
Hold your own workplace Find a Doctor campaign and we’ll:
- Give you a $50 gift card to use as a grand prize. Employers are welcome to add their own prizes to sweeten the deal. We can help you randomly select the winners, too.
- Hold a Find a Doctor presentation for your employees.
- Send a postcard or email customized with your company’s logo to your employees.
- Provide access to a new contest toolkit filled with printable posters, flyers and more to promote your Find a Doctor contest.
- Provide a list of all registered users that logged into their account or created an account during the duration of the contest. We will then use our randomized generator tool to select a winner and
notify the employer.*
You should introduce your contest to employees no later than March 18, 2016. All employer contests will conclude on April 30, 2016, when the names of winners will be randomly selected. Participation is limited to employees and their family members enrolled in a health plan that uses The Alliance network to access care.
Know the Cost. Compare the Quality. Skip the Surprises.
All the activity is worth it when you remember that The Alliance’s Find a Doctor transparency tool is a one-of-a-kind directory that leads the way in sharing cost and quality information. Register or log in to your Find a Doctor account for full access to the site, including:
- Cost information. Cost can vary widely in health care. Sometimes a short drive can save thousands of dollars for consumers and their health plans. Find a Doctor delivers cost information on over 50 common health care charges for office visits, tests and procedures. Cost estimates are calculated from Alliance claims data and are updated weekly.
- Quality in health care. Find a Doctor includes Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores and also quality ratings for the following specialties:
- Birthing care (based on deliveries by cesarean section and obstetrical trauma)
- Internal medicine, pediatrics and family medicine (based on how well doctors at that location make good use of your health care dollars and provide recommended care for your health issues at the right time)
- Doctor information. See doctor photos, location information and more about the providers that are a part of The Alliance network.
- Simple ways to show complex data. Compare the out-of-pocket costs of up to three different facilities with our cost calculator.
Contact Me to Get Started
Don’t miss this opportunity to introduce the benefits of Find a Doctor to your workforce. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.223.4139 x6645 because everyone wins with Find a Doctor!
- Learn the Five Things to Know When Using Find a Doctor.
- Go to The Alliance Find a Doctor Website.
- View our Find a Doctor tutorial video.
- Tell us how you used Find a Doctor to save money or obtain quality health care and we’ll send you a selfie stick as a “thank you”.
Mike has a strong background in health benefits and self-funding. He previously served as a regional sales advisor for Digital Benefits Advisors in Madison, Wis., where he managed the health benefits for more than 160 credit union clients across 14 states. Prior to that position, Mike worked at CUNA Mutual Group in their employee benefits division for almost 10 years as an employee benefits sales specialist.
Mike has a bachelor’s degree with a double major in marketing and business administration and is licensed in both health and life insurance in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Montana.
Read blog posts by Mike.
Latest posts by Mike Roche
- Diving into the Details: Captive Comparison, Analysis & Value - June 5, 2018
- What’s Your Risk Appetite? - May 22, 2018
- Video Aims to Answer Key Captive Questions - April 10, 2018