High-Quality Care + Lower Cost = QualityPath®
QualityPath is designed to:
- Inspire and sustain changes in the way health care is purchased.
- Save money for employers
- Reduce out-of-pocket costs for employees and family members
- Guide patients who need surgeries to high-quality care
See what current Alliance member, Miniature Precision Components has to say about their experience with QualityPath.
What QualityPath Does
QualityPath identifies doctors and hospitals that – when working together – meet national quality measures and adopt processes that are better for patients.
Meet the QualityPath doctors
Three procedures are available:
- Total hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Coronary artery bypass graft, often called heart bypass surgery
What Employers Can Expect
- A bundled price that covers the medical procedure for a set cost that is substantially below the average cost within The Alliance network.
- A 90-day warranty that means care for avoidable complications becomes part of the bundled price, not an additional charge.
- Guidance to high-quality hospitals and doctors.
- Access to QualityPath participation as a benefit of membership; there is no additional fee to participate.
How to Implement QualityPath
Get started by signing up to participate in QualityPath.
In Wisconsin and Iowa, contact:
- Mike Roche, member services manager, 800.223.4139 x6645
- Paul Roelke, member services advisor, 800.223.4139 x6647
In Illinois, contact:
Member services will guide you through the set-up process. Download the implementation documents.
What Your Employees Can Expect
- Shared decision-making, which helps patients decide early in the process – before surgery is scheduled – whether they need the surgery and the risks that come with it.
- 100 percent coverage of medical procedure costs, which is required as part of plan design. Employers may choose to offer additional incentives, which are required for high-deductible health plans (HDHPs) with health savings accounts (HSAs).
- Guidance from the Patient Experience Manager, who is a registered nurse. The manager can help make appointments, transfer medical records, serve as a liaison and link patients to additional information. Patients must call the Patient Experience Manager at 800.223.4139 to receive QualityPath benefits.
- A 90-day warranty. Patients must follow recommendations for care, including physical therapy or cardiac rehabilitation, to keep the warranty in place.
View our infographic showing the QualityPath journey for your employees.
Use Our Communication Tools
Explore our employer toolkit that gives you a wide range of tools to reach employees.